Sunday, December 9, 2007

Panacan Kids

I had the privilage of going to the town of Panacan to celebrate Ate Judes 5th Wedding Anniversary. Let me explain who she is in my life. I first met her through Rachel Tacada who was the mom of the 14th baby I delivered at Mercy. She is related to Rachel somehow -they have a big family it's hard to keep it straight :) Now, she is 5 months pregnant, so she is my continuity (I am doing all her prenatals, and will be on call to deliver her baby June 2008)

So, I went to her home in Panacan which is 1 long jeepney ride away, and when we got there, I felt like I was back in the village I grew up in! I felt right at home, the houses were made out of rattan, the road was small, dirt and bumpy, and the kids were over-the-top friendly! I had so much fun, especially when I took my camera out with me and started taking pictures. They were falling all over themselves to try and get their picture taken, it was so fun.

I will go back again in January after Ate Judes (pronouced Jud-is) next prenatal, and I will bring my fetascope etc so we can walk around and I can do some prenatals on some of her neighbors who are pregnant. I am so excited to have this opportunity to work in a rural setting. Enjoy the pics :)

No comments: