Tuesday, December 4, 2007

New Scrubs!

I was finally sucessful in getting scrubs made here! My mom had sent me material this time last year which I had made into some great scrubs (thanks mom!) but in the case of the missing scrubs, I was down to only having 2 pairs. This, mostly due to my having asked a different shop to make me 2 new tops in August and even though I gave them a shirt to copy, in the end it looked nothing like I wanted, and ended up being sexy enough for me to go clubbing in! Yikes. So now, those tops are being worn by my fellow midwives who are several sizes smaller than me Scrub pair #1 - cool material (both pattern wise and weather wise :)
Noah's Ark scrubs :)
Tweety Bird Scrubs!
Fish Scrubs, there are lots of funny fish on this, too bad it's too far away to see!
And finally the material that inspired it all. I bought the material for this top at home a few years ago, and never made anything with it, but brought it with me, and it made a great scrub top! All in all, for 5 tops and 3 pairs of pants it cost me $40 for all the material and labor. In the US (when I was home in September) I looked to buy scrub tops, and the cheapest top I could find at Wal-Mart was $15! So, in the US, all of these outfits would have cost anywhere from $135-210!!! So if anyone needs good scrubs for a cheap price, come here! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful as always! :-)
I love reading your blog!