Thursday, November 1, 2007

Baby #39


This was a very busy day, I delivered this beautiful baby at 11:04am, and not long after everyone was settled back down, I got another labor, but she wasn't as far along, so she waited until the next group of midwives got on shift, and one of them caught her baby, which I was thankful for.
Cherry Ann was a first time mom, and I started to coach her through the pushing stage because she was doing some interesting things when the contractions came, but then, realized I would just deliver the baby up in the air instead of on the bed because that was the way things were going.
Most moms after the birth go into a little trans - eyes get glazed over, and they are unresponsive for a bit, but not this one! She was so excited to see her baby, and she kept talking to him, and her boyfriend. One didn't have to look long to know they were very much in love, and excited to be parents to this little one. I almost felt like an intruder in this moment!
P.S. Fun side note - All of us midwives on shift wore some shade of pink bottoms which was hilarious because none of us got ready together!

No comments: