Thursday, November 1, 2007

5 Babies in One Shift


Medea was the first one to receive a labor - she did, and then I did, and then Gang Gang did and then yes - my supervisor, Ate Ermie did as well! All before 8am! Medea's girl delivered, but had to be transported due to a retained placenta (7th baby).

The day continued, and everything went very smoothly despite the amount of babies being born. We were like a well oiled machine! Soon enough, yet another labor came in, and I was supposed to receive it, but since Medea only had a baby left to care for and not a mom, she took her instead. I should have taken her, because I ended up doing alot of the work, but it was kind of fun not handling it because I ended up supervising it! Ate Ermie was delivering her own baby about the time this lady decided to get her baby out, so we just updated her through the curtain every once in a while. Kind of heady being given that much responsibility!

When things started to calm down just a little, we borrowed all the babies, and took pictures of them all. I absolutely love pictures where they are all lined up by each other and so beautiful. Then, each midwife held "her" baby for another photo shoot.

P.S. the funny pictures of a dark haired girl holding a new baby on her mom's tummy is Sarah. She is one of the newer girls that arrived September 2007, and this was her first time being allowed to don the gloves and help in the birth. She did great, but I love her faces :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey girl!! so how is life back in the fast lane? Were you excited to come back to the Philippines? I'm sure your family misses you soooo much- but its so amazing to see you doing the things you love. The pictures of the babies all lined up are so stinkin' adorable, you should enter them in some kind of contest or something! :) Anyways, things here are great- Josh and Mindy and the girls stayed in our house for a week and we had so much fun planning Mindy's birthday- we did a scavenger hunt all around town and it ended with a facial at the best spa in town! I made starbucks cinnimon/chocolate bread and we had coffee and played games back at the Gilboy house. Youth group is going well- I am excited to see their hearts desire more of God! I am training more students to play instruments for the youth band and its so encouraging to see their hearts for music grow and its fun to see them play really good too! maggie our doggie is so cute and she is 11 months now- she is behaving very well and is getting better at being obedient. We had a deer in the backyard the other day and she was so excited to chase it (although the deer could probably CRUSH her!!) and then when I called her back, she returned immediately. I was pretty impressed! Anyways, I'm so excited to hear more about your life and I LOOOOVED the presents you gave me! THEY ARE SO ADORABLE! You are the sweetest thing ever! Well love you tons and write back when you have time! LOve Casey Gilboy

Mai Catarina said...

The funny pictures? oh boy...at least you didn't say the pictures of the funny dark haired girl... ;-) What a day!

jenna and brianna konkle said...

YEE! Jenny, you're such a great midwife! I'm so glad you're in my class...keep it up - we're ALmost to 50 baby yeah!
(dan, that was qUIte the comment!)

Carla Paiva Bonfim said...

Hey Jenny,
now I have a blogger too.
Love you,

Carla