Friday, November 30, 2007

50 babies in my arms...

I have finally caught 1/2 a century full of babies in my arms! How exciting is my life? I love it that is for sure. And this was a great birth to count as my 50th. Lately, many of my births have been complicated in one way or another. When I checked Evelyn in, I thought we were in for another rough ride, her blood pressure was 140/90 at check in, and her baby's heart tones were on the high side, but she did everything we asked, and the heart tones settled down to a more normal level.

Wouldn't you know it, the baby's heart tones were high when she arrived, but when she started pushing, they dipped way too low! So we did what we could, and it was enough because her baby came out beautiful and healthy, pink and screaming! No problems whatsoever!

Evelyn's blood pressure stayed a little high, but by the time I left, it was down to 120/90, which is much better. Most likely, she was just stressed out with labor and birth. Otherwise she did really great. This was her second baby, her first was born in 1998, so he was already 9 years old! She must know her stuff when it comes to family planning! :)

No comments: