Monday, April 21, 2008

Jenelyn Navarro

I was in the prenatal room getting a grocery check one monday a long time ago - last November actually - and saw Jenelyn getting her initial prenatal done. I knew I would very much enjoy being her midwife and so asked if she would be ok with that, so I picked her up as a continuity even though I wasn't even on shift! (Got teased for that one to be sure!)


We have had a great run of it - she is 20 and this was her second baby. She got to meet my mom when she was here this last March, and I knew I was cutting it close when i agreed to go to this clinic in Tabuk to help out for the next 3 weeks, but I just asked her to have her baby a week early :)

She said she would try, and I prayed with her that God would bring this little one out in His good timing, and continued to pray on my own because I really wanted to deliver her baby, and God answers prayers better than we can pray for them! I asked on Wednesday night - April 16 - that she be in labor the next day because I knew I wasn't busy that day and I knew it would give us enough time to do the birth well and then even get a baby check in before I left. And wouldn't you know it, I got a great sleep, had a shower and even had coffee made when I got the text saying she was in labor! I 1/2 expected her to be in early labor, but also was hoping she was active. The second was true - I checked her in at 9:30am and she had her baby boy, Bernardo, named after the dad's grandpa who raised him at 11:08am!

Mom - The last pictures are for you - thanks so much for the beautiful girls' clothes and diapers and stuff. I hardly have any left! I gave Jenely diapers for her baby boy that I delivered, and some of the dresses and God's 1,2,3's and colors for their older daughter, Lovely Jane.
We had a hard time getting Lovely to look at the camera! And yes - this amazing Filipina just had a baby 4 days ago!














No comments: