Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Angus = Ginhawa = Breathe

Just thought I would give you all a few photos of Tabuk where Lois and I are serving for the next 3 weeks. We were given this opportunity to help at this clinic while the director (a girl who interned at MMC for a time) is in Canada. She just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

This is the view from my window in the room I am sharing with Lois. We also have the most amazing mosquito net ever over our bed that makes us feel like princesses :)

This is the sign for the clinic with a carabao grazing in front of it. Either he is very friendly and wanted to come and see me or didn't like me and was considering charging at me because he was grazing, paying no one any mind until I got there and took pics. Then he looked up at me and in this next picture started to walk towards me. Needless to say, that was the last picture I took of him before slowly moving back into the clinic gate where his rope wouldn't allow him to go.
This is Zenny (pronounced Senny) the head midwife at the clinic while Georgia is away. She is absolutely wonderful. This is our outdoor shower and bathroom (i.e. CR). The shower is incredible - OC girls - be jealous. :) It may be homemade, but the water pressure is amazing!
This is the pump outside for laundry. Cool looking eh? Sarah de Mello - if you are reading this, I thought of you when I first saw it!
Of course, we do still have time to get online and do computer work as you can see :) We have wireless in the clinic, so keep in touch!

1 comment:

jenna and brianna konkle said...

YEE! I'm so glad you guys made it there safely! A bit of a rocky start but hEY - it looks SO beautiful there..
consider mE jealous.. good water pressure AND a view?! ENJOY IT GIRLS!