Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mom and Rebecca

Just a quick update... I was so excited to greet my mom and sister and my ate Mae who has been a dear friend of mine since I was little and who visited from Luzon on Monday the 24th. We had a whirlwind of a time in Davao, not quite one week together, but they still managed to see two births, one of my handles which was a difficult birth, but then a more normal one handled by Jenna on the day we left Davao.

We also had plenty of time for Rebecca to eat at least one halo-halo a day, and visit souvenier shops and get a foot/back massage as well. It was a good time had by all I believe, and now we are at the other end of the country, in the north, visiting friends from when we lived here as a family.

We had Sunday service in the church my parents planted, and my mom gave a message on being like David. He spent time singing and being with God while he was still a shepard, so he wasn't afraid to fight the giant in life later. It was a good time after that visiting with so many people from around that came to see us and talk about the good old times. One of the girls I regard as an older sister, a helper who lived with us when we were in the RP is now pregnant with her 2nd baby! So exciting. I told her to come to Davao so I could be her midwife :)

Sorry there aren't pictures to add to this post, I will post them as soon as I return to Davao. Also, my March newsletter will have to be a little late as well... opps.

1 comment:

Carla Paiva Bonfim said...

Hi!
I am sure you are having a good time with your mom and Rebecca.;)
Did you get my e-mail?
Love you,

Carla