Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome Year 2008!

Last year we went to Claude's (a nice French restaurant) and all the girls got really dressed up and we got a private room. It was so much fun, that we decided to make it a tradition and did it again this year.

The girls started getting ready early... I went out with Jes and Michelle to buy some hot shoes (look at the picture of my shoe - it is hot!) and got pedicures. Then, we went home, I did Naomi's hair, took a shower, did my own hair, and then around 4pm all the other girls started getting ready and the party began.

We left the house in shifts, those of us who did other's people's hair and make-up (i.e. me and Lois) left a little later than the first group. I left last, going next door to pick up Shannon and Nikki who are team members of FIRE (I go to their church). It was so much fun getting to know them better.

Dinner was absolutely amazing - we don't go out like this hardly ever, but New Years was a good time to make an exception, and we partied it up good. Great dinner, great conversations and lots of laughing. Jenna even made an awesome New Year's game which included telling truths about ourselves, decoding carols, and making New Year's resolutions. So much fun.

After we left the restaurant, a few of the girls had night shift, so a couple of us went to the clinic with them and ate snacks (amazing we had room!) took fun pictures and learned about animals and their reproductive patterns (interesting I know, but we are midwives). Then we did the countdown and played with sparklers our neighbors were nice enough to share with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of old times :0