Thursday, January 10, 2008

2 Drivers Licenses for me!

The only ones who drive around MMC are the guards and Matt and Krys, so M&K asked us gals in the 2nd year if we would be willing/interested in getting our Philippine DL's!. Of course we were all interested!

Laura and I went to the Land Transportation Office and waited in the most interesting lines to get this shiny new card to add to the ones in my wallet. We were there for most of the afternoon, and it was hot outside waiting, but an adventure none-the-less.

And now, I not only get to drive stick shift in a country where so far all I have gotten to do is ride public transportation, but I get to teach some of the girls like Laura who is excited to learn manual. Of course other than teaching the girls driving, we only get to drive on official Mercy business, so like a transport to the hospital or something like that, but it's fun to have none the less.

Oh yeah - and the best part of it all? When I told my dad I got my RP DL, he said, "Cool, so we were about the same age when we both got it!" He got his RP DL when he was 26 living here, and I just got it and I am 25! So funny.

No comments: