Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year Baby!

So I didn't deliver the first 2008 Mercy baby, but I did deliver the first girl at Mercy in the year of 2008! I was first up to receive a labor, and was endorsed a mom who was pregnant with her 3rd, (they usually don't show up until they are almost ready to have their babies) but this one was barely in labor, so since it was a slow morning, we let her stay, but the chances were slim that she would have her baby on my shift (and I really wanted a New Year's baby).

Another labor came in a few hours later, but it was the same situation! 5th pregnancy, 4th baby, but in very early labor! So weird. But when I was about to lose all hope, Sarah (who was 3rd up) got a labor who couldn't even go to the bathroom cause she was about to pop the baby out! Sarah had just had a very busy shift the day before, and needed rest, not another baby, so we switched labors, and it worked out perfectly.

Lailane (or Inday) laid down on the bed, I ran out to grab my blood pressure cuff so I could get at least a few of her vitals, and was outside when Tiffany called out "head visible!" Yikes! So I ran back in and really worked with her on her breathing so that I could get gloves on and a pad under her before her baby joined us. Inday named her baby Clear, and they made a beautiful family.

No comments: