Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Goodbyes are hard...


3 of us have bitten the dust so to speak. Laura left first on Sunday afternoon, then Tiffany left that same evening and now I am writing this blog from my hotel in Manila where I will leave from to board my flight back to the US bright and early tomorrow morning.
I hate goodbyes. I sometimes wonder what God was thinking when he asked me to be a missionary when this life involves so many goodbyes. O.k. granted, there aren't many people that enjoy saying goodbye, but some people are better at it than others and I am not one of those others.

I managed not to cry too hard during the actual goodbye part - I think I was so prepared to cry that I just didn't allow it - I knew it was a strong possibility and so I just didn't allow it, but there were other times when my guard was down and I wasn't prepared to say goodbye when the tears would come.

This may very well be the most depressing entry I have written! Goodness. I should stop before I start crying again while typing away on my computer in the lobby of the hotel all by myself...

To those I have left behind - I love you so much and I know that God will continue to use you mightily - please keep me updated on the goings on of MMC - I will need to live vicariously through you for a while until I get accustomed to life back home. Thank you for all you have invested in me - all the love and patience - who knew you would make a midwife out of me!

1 comment:

Hannah Rue said...

Beth Moore said "We were built for eternity! Ending (or goodbyes) are not natural for us because our God the Eternal One, set eternity in our hearts!" It was sooo hard to say goodbye to the Witts but I knew that it was hard because MY GOD set eternity in our hearts and when saying goodbye to christians it's NEVER a final goodbye!!! Rebekah got me started on your blog and it's incredible to read about all you've done!