Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On top of the world...or a jeepney :)

So, when I deliver a baby in the MMC clinic in Davao, I always take pictures of my patient with her baby and family and do a little bribing action telling them I will have copies developed for them if they come back for their baby check ups. It's not hard for me to get them printed, just a quick ride to a mall nearby.
But... I made the same promise to my patient here in Tabuk and getting pictures developed for her was a whole 'nother story! I found out they only develop film in the town here, and so I would have to go to another city (about 1 hour away) to develop them.

I thought about waiting to go with the people from the clinic, but they were going too late, and I didn't know if my patient would be able to come back again after her appointment tomorrow. So, Lois and I made an adventure of it. We took a van there, which was fun enough, did shopping, printed the pictures and bought yummy stuff to make hamburgers for dinner to celebrate one of the girls here passing her board exam!

But what made it all worth it was the ride home! We saw the jeep pull up to the waiting shed where Lois and I waited with many other people, but couldn't seem to get in - someone was always in front of us! Then, we looked at each other, smiled, and asked if we could ride on top. The answer was yes, and we had an absolute blast. The world is prettier from the top of a jeepney, and we have pictures to prove it! :)

No comments: