Saturday, May 24, 2008

Commitment to finishing the task :)

In order to graduate, we all had to get 30 well woman exams. It doesn't sound so hard, I know, but they take a long time, and one must remember that in my line of work it is semi-difficult to find non-pregnant women (as the exam specifies) to do the examination on...
I needed 6 more a few days ago, and so I figured it was as good a time as any to go out to Panacan to visit a continuity (see old blog post titled Panacan Kids) and try and finish them. I didn't get out there until 3pm which wasn't so good cause when it rains there, the roads are almost impossible - not rocks or sand to break up the muddy clay path and no real lighting to speak of.
It started to rain about 4:30pm, and I knew I was in trouble. I was still doing exams, and after 3 of them, it had been raining pretty hard for an hour, at which point my patient decided it would be best for me to sleep over!
I thanked her for the offer, but she helped me brave the mud, and I didn't even fall! My shoes suffered for sure though - as you can imagine they looked nothing like this before the walk!

No comments: