Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back to Davao!



Lois and I arrived back in Davao on Tuesday, the 13th at noon after a long day and a half of traveling. We left Tabuk on Monday morning at 8am, took a few jeepneys (rode on top of one) to get 2 hours south to the place that I grew up. It was so much fun to take the few hours of that day and show Lois where I grew up and introduce her to some of the people who mean so much to me.

Then, that night, we got on the bus heading for Manila - left Cauayan at 8pm and arrived there at 6am. Got to the airport before 7am for a flight that didn't leave until 10:30am! But that wasn't a problem at all because Lois has an Elite Membership with Phil. Airlines now from flying home and what not, so we hung out in the Elite lounge! It was so great.

We got home, I went swimming for an hour, and as I was finishing unpacking, my continuity, Neda (see pictures) texted me to ask if I had arrived back in Davao yet or not? I thought it was a hi, hello kind of text, but it turned out to be a "I'm in labor and really hope you are back!" kind of text instead! I was surprised, because I had another girl due before her, and so wasn't expecting her to be in labor yet!

But she arrived at the clinic at 9:30pm and had her baby at 10:53pm! God is so good, a nice time spent with her, but not a long and difficult labor which was such a blessing since I could barely keep my eyes open - I hadn't slept well on the night bus before. I was in bed by 1:45am and that was so nice!

Neda did have an ultrasound about 2 months ago, and was given 70% odds that the baby she was carrying was a girl, but when the baby came out - it was most definately not a girl! So this little boy has pink mittens and foot covers and bottles for a while! So funny :)

No comments: