Monday, August 23, 2010

Progress...

First and foremost, I (with much help from my wonderful husband!) published many new updates to my website! So check it out! www.newbirthmidwifery.com I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism :)

I love being married - when I get discouraged, I have Cullen in my court, fighting for me, and encouraging me like no one else could. When I get impatient (which can happen often since I am not very patient!) he encourages me by reminding me of all the progress I have made in promoting New Birth Midwifery.

I got a lot of great promotional materials for next to nothing thanks to vistaprint's online sale/try things for free deal. So that has been helpful. I have been able to go to coffee shops and other places to put up business cards and informational flyers on midwifery.

But best of all, I have met with 3 moms-to-be about becoming potential clients and those have gone very well. I have a few more to meet with this week before I go on vacation with my family, and I know that personal referrals are going to be the best way for me to really make a go of my business. So - if you know of a mom-to-be who is looking for a natural birthing option who lives within 1.5 hours of me (or who lives in some far-reach country (I will travel to far places to deliver babies!) please tell them about New Birth Midwifery!

On a more personal note, I have been asked to be an advisor for a freshmen cell group at Bethany this year! Julie is their mentor, and having been a mentor at Bethany (2008-2009) I am so excited to be an advisor (basically go to cell groups and do one-on-ones with the mentor each week) this year!

1 comment:

Beka and Jason Haché said...

vista print is so great for that stuff!

I'm excited for you Jenny, if I ever decide to do homebirth, I'll be calling you for sure!